"Bird flu will be high on the agenda at the World Health Organisation's annual regional meeting, for the third year in a row.
Health ministers and representatives from 27 western Pacific countries will meet in Auckland today to discuss issues ranging from alcoholism and drug-resistant diseases to the exodus of health workers from developing nations.
But avian influenza is expected to be one of the more prominent topics at the meeting.
- Avian bird flu biggest worry for WHO
- NZ urged to 'prepare for the worst' over pandemic
- Get ready for worst-case scenario - WHO
- Pacific urged to improve bird flu plans
- WHO urges Member States to prepare for a pandemic
- Bird flu still threat, says WHO director
- Bird flu pandemic still a threat
- WHO's work in the Region